Candy Girl

Candy Girl

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What's Your Motive?

Good Morning Blogfam!
There was no post yesterday because I was speaking to a lovely group of women at the Homefront Family Preservation Center.   It was a very rewarding experience, and it felt good to be received and related to by so many women.  I’m giving them all a shout out!!
Today I will be talking about motives!!  Most times, people do things because of motives.  Some are good but most are bad.  I believe that motive, especially when it involves being selfish, removes any chance of a person’s having the ability to be genuine.   When you do things from the kindness of your heart, it proves that you aren’t looking to gain anything from the situation; your main objective is to make someone else happy.  However, there are people out here who don’t believe that Karma is real, and realize that what you put out you will get back.
It frustrates me when I have to try and figure out if someone is genuine or if they have a motive.  I’ve had relationships in the past where I wasn’t quite so sure what the purpose or basis behind it was, so it caused me to ask the question “Why is this person in my life?”  I had to realize that if I have to ask myself what someone’s purpose is, then it may not be genuine.  With all the true friends that I hold near and dear to me, I have never had to wonder why we had a relationship because everything came so natural.  If each time someone calls you they want something, but never call just to see how you’re doing, you can be certain that their motive is getting what they can get and that’s it!  Everyone shares a common motive, which is being happy.  However, not everyone takes the same path to achieve that.  Some will rob, steal, cheat, and use people to achieve their level of happiness.  Others will take a more reciprocal approach and do a good deed to receive the same in return, which then provides a sense of happiness. 
If you have an issue with being unable to recognize what your motives are and how they are appearing in the public eye, then you may want to figure out how what you’re doing will bring your happiness and whether or not it will bring someone else pain.
Quote of the Day: “When kind and genuine motives are your fuel, you’ll be sure to get more miles.” ~ Candice Loper

No comments:

Post a Comment