Candy Girl

Candy Girl

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Establish Your Motivation!

Good Afternoon Blogfam!

Without motivation, inspiration, and direction there tends to be very little action.  Typically, when people are not motivated by anything, they don't have the drive to progress towards bigger and better things.  Anyone can be content doing the same things every day, but there is no increased value being added to your life when you don't strive for more.  This brings me to the point that it is considerably important to establish a clear sense of what motivates you.

I thought about this most recently when I came to the realization of what motivates me.  For example, I write these blogs every day, I post inspirational/motivational statuses on Facebook about love, relationships, success, accountability, etc.   Therefore for me to go through life doing the opposite of what I am putting out to the world would be perfectly contradictory.  That being said, what motivates me to do the right things, have the upmost respect for myself, and continue to strive for more are the various things I realize on a day-to-day basis that I share with everyone else.  It's not that I am concerned about others knowing that I may be contradicting my words from time to time; it's the fact that I know, and that is what is most important.  Some people don't have the gift of a conscience, which means they don't have the ability to recognize or feel convicted when or if they do something that they know is not acceptable.

If you don't currently have anything that motivates you, my suggestion would be to try your best to find it. If you have children, that's a source of motivation right there.  I can assure you that if I didn't have three children that depended on me for their peace, security, and resources, I probably wouldn't have the same level of motivation to want and attain more in life. The key to realizing your motivation is making sure it is something that is personal and specific to YOU!  I have been in a situation before where my motivation to further my education, dress, or wear my hair a certain way was driven by someone telling me how unpleasing it was to them to see me how I was.  So when I took the steps to modify those things, I wasn't doing it for me...  I was doing it because I felt like I had something to prove to someone who wasn't happy on a personal level and transferring their shortcomings unto me. That is a prime example of  what I would like to call “reverse self-deprecation”.  Someone who has low self-esteem and feels better by causing someone else to feel bad.

Quote of the Day: "With no motivation there will be plenty of stagnation." ~ Candice Loper

No comments:

Post a Comment