Candy Girl

Candy Girl

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Life is Long!

Good Morning Blogfam!

How many times have you heard the saying "Life is too short."?  I have heard it too many times to count.  However, if you think about it, life is actually very long, especially if you're blessed.  Think about it from the perspective of a 90 year old person.  They have lived through wars, depressions, recessions, and the lives of many other people.  What they have experienced firsthand is listed in history books!  Do you think that this person thinks life is short?  I would have to say probably not.

During our lifetime, we will have so many opportunities to make mistakes, correct them, experience new innovations, engage and disengage in relationships, create new lives, see them grow, etc.  You get my drift, and although life is long, it's important to live each day as if you didn't have the possibility of another 22,000 days (roughly, about 60 years).  The relationship you have with yourself is the longest relationship you will EVER experience, so its important to make it a fulfilling one!  Think about this for a second: The words relationship, friendship, and kinship all end with the word "ship".  A ship is a large vessel that is built to withstand the toughest of conditions and transport massive amounts of people and cargo.  During our long life, we will experience many relationships where we may have to endure tough conditions and situations but that's where the "ship" comes into the equation.  Ships are not built to sink, they may come in and dock for a while, but they will sail again if it was built and maintained properly.  Don't go through life having Titanic-style relationships; make sure they’re fruitful and have the foundation necessary to withstand the test of time.

I am at 28 years, and I can't even say that its been short thus far, so I am almost positive that by the time I reach 80 years, I will be looking at my life as having been a long, and fulfilling one.  So, don't disrespect the quality of the length of life by labeling it as short, because time is one of the most precious gifts we are given, especially when utilized properly. 

Quote of the Day: "You are the author of your own book so you can either make it a short story, or you can make it a novel...  The choice is yours!" ~ Candice Loper

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Candice! Great blog. Over the last week or so I've been thinking about the quality of life and the length of it. I've always laughed at Chris Rock's joke, saying life is long when you make the wrong decisions. LOL! But after reading your blog, I see the flipside. None of us desire a short life...until we make the wrong decisions. But, that should encourage us to make the right decisions so we don't have so much making up to do. I love the blog! You got my support :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I appreciate the support. There are a lot of old sayings that we repeat, but I realize that some of them don't make any sense. I believe that each day is to be appreciated not calculated.

    ReplyDelete