Candy Girl

Candy Girl

Monday, October 11, 2010

Lies are Lame!

Good Evening Blogfam!

Over this past weekend I have been faced with having the horrible task of dealing with lies.  In all honesty, lies aggravate me because I feel like they are so unnecessary.  The truth is so easy to come by because it doesn't have to be made up.  It takes very creative, sneaky individuals to have the cleverness to "create" lies.  Lies are like roaches, whereas one leads to another, then before you know it they have multiplied and gotten way out of control.  All  lies are bad but the most vicious are the ones that you already know the truth to.

My daughter has had a difficult time telling lies lately and it bothers me because she's at that tender age where it's essential for her to know the importance of the truth.  One thing I have noticed about lies and the people who tell them is it comes so natural and it becomes habit.  I try not to get frustrated by lies, especially once I have evaluated who is delivering them.  Just as a public speaker has to be cognizant of their audience, we must do the same in conversation.  If you know who you're speaking to and what potential they have to deliver ignorance (as that is what lies equate to) then it tends to alleviate the frustration that builds up from the information that is received.

A lie is the factor that normally leads to mistrust in relationships as well.  Many of my relationships, romantic and platonic, have ended or been affected due to lies.  In my opinion when a person deliberately tells a lie, they have no respect for you or the relationship they have with you.  So I feel that in order to prevent yourself from "blowing a gasket", you should learn as much as you can about those who you chose to engage with.  If you already know what to expect, you won't feel let down or betrayed if you actually happen to just get it. 

Quote of the Day: "The first instinct it to think, as it normally serves as a benefit before you speak." ~ Candice Loper

No comments:

Post a Comment