Candy Girl

Candy Girl

Monday, November 8, 2010

To Keep or Not To Keep...

Good Afternoon Blogfam!

As weird as it sounds I appreciate my hardships because it's setting me up for the good times that lie ahead.  A primary personal goal of mines is to be as peaceful as possible.  However, we all know there will be times when an abundance of issues at one time just has the ability to wear on you.  I have realized that it's not about what problems you have, it's about how you choose to deal with them.  Therefore, I prefer to practice the elimination method; if something is ailing me or causing me stress then I tend to just eliminate it from my life.  I'd like to think that it's the mature thing to do because it prevents me from lashing out in other ways.

We should all know our limits and be able to recognize when we're getting close to them.  Normally the people that don't are the ones that make rash decisions or have the potential to just explode at any given moment.  It takes a certain level of maturity to be able to brush your shoulders off and keep it moving but some people just get a thrill from a battle.  However, that's when it's important to do what you have to do to maintain your peace and maturity, which sometimes requires eliminating certain things from your life.  I think it's natural to focus on the potential benefits but at times it prevents you from seeing the potential detriments that a situation may present.  Therefore, analyze everything so you can recognize the full value, then it will make it easier when it comes to figuring out what's worth staying and what should go. 

Quote of the Day: "Anything of value will increase your worth.  So if something is taking away from it, that means it's worthless, get rid of it." ~ Candice Loper

No comments:

Post a Comment