Candy Girl

Candy Girl

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

No Goals = No Life

Good Morning Blogfam!

Goals are a very important part of life for each and every one of us.  Goals gives you something concrete to strive for, as well as providing you with a purpose.  There are too many people in the world that are just here.  When you have a limited sense of motivation you are pretty much proving that you are content with the life you are living.  Now don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that there is anything wrong with that because that could just be the path that you are on in life.  Maybe your path consists of waiting for everything to fall in your lap or waiting for your purpose to be revealed to you one day.  Who am I to judge?? However, I would think that a path of waiting couldn't possibly be as fulfilling as going out to get it.

There have been times when I didn't know if I was coming or going and pretty much just living a day-to-day life.  However, once I realized what my passion was I began goal-setting to fulfill my purpose.  The most successful people aren't the ones who had their careers and riches handed to them, they are the ones who planned and worked really hard to reach their goals.  When I didn't have anything I was striving for I felt so lost and confused.  Not to mention, I was easily swayed by others on what they thought my passion should be.  Eventually I began to realize my purpose and that's when I wasn't easily swayed anymore.  There is a contrast to that also because there will be times when you have figured out what you want to do and where you want to go, but then you have those people who are trying to persuade you to take another route.  Sometimes this stems from people who may have tried to pursue your goals but was unsuccessful or people who think they know you better than you know yourself.

Setting goals doesn't just pertain to adults either, especially when you have children.  Children don't have the ability to plan their future when they're young.  Therefore, as their parents we have to have goals for ourselves as well as having initial goals for our children. 

Quote of the Day: "Your opportunities are only as limited as your aspirations." ~ Candice Loper      

No comments:

Post a Comment