Candy Girl

Candy Girl

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Risk, Reward & Consequences

Good Morning Blogfam!

The feeling of fear is what typically holds people back from doing certain things or taking certain steps in life.  Anything that you've never experienced before can be defined as the unknown.  Many people fear the unknown and normally those are people who don't take risks in life.  However, i'm sure we've all heard the saying that without risk there is no reward.  I'm not sure that I am 100% in line with that statement because even without risk there is the potential for reward.  It's just that when you take a risk you are trying to gain more than you would if you played it safe. 

We will encounter many situations and circumstances in our lifetime that may require taking some sort of risk.  However, with each chance you take you have to always consider your benefits as well as your potential consequences.  Think about this from the perspective of a gambler who is always risking their money with the hopes that it will multiply.  In that case, depending on the severity of the gambling you are risking your stability on a hope.  I think it is important for us to recognize the type of risk we're taking.  Is it a safe risk that won't have too much of an affect on your life or is it a risk that could make or break your position in life?  Those are the questions that I ask myself before I do something.  I am not a huge risk taker because I enjoy being comfortable but I do tend to take risks in the case of relationships.  Anytime you decide to give someone your heart or even your time, you are risking being hurt.  At any rate, that is a risk I am more than willing to take because looking forward to the reward of happiness is what motivates me to take a chance.  However, I have realized that when you take risks you can't turn around and complain when it doesn't work out the way you HOPED it would.  You have have to accept your outcome and take responsibility for your actions.

Quote for the Day: "With every chance I take there's a certain level of risk...therefore regret doesn't exist in my world. There is no regret with risk, only the potential for consequences or reward!" ~ Candice Loper

No comments:

Post a Comment