Candy Girl

Candy Girl

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Conscience is a Valuable Gift

Good Morning Blogfam!

Attributes are endless when it comes to the make up of someones character.  I believe that everyone should be aware of their attributes, as well as their flaws or imperfections.  Attributes are qualities that you possess and it's important that you know exactly what they are because it helps when realizing what you're worth and what you can bring to the table.  In contrast, it is also just as important to be aware of your flaws because it gives you the ability to determine your areas of improvement.
 
Personally, my most valuable attribute is my conscience.  If you didn't think that having a conscience was an attribute I am here to tell you that it is.  Not only is it an attribute it is a GIFT!  Conscience allows you to make decisions based on what you know is right, and it also gives you the ability to foresee any potential consequences you may encounter based on those decisions.  The first time I realized that I had a conscience was when I wasn't even aware of what a conscience was.  When I was a teenager I entered into my first serious relationship and of course there were a lot of things that I didn't know.  However, one thing that I learned fairly quickly was that when you do something wrong, it can torment you mentally.  At that time, I wasn't aware that what I was experiencing was a guilty conscience.  Even when I tried to block the thought from my mind, if I saw my boyfriend I would instantly feel a major sense of guilt that I had never experienced before.  Finally, one day my conscience got the best of me and I just came out and told him about my infidelities.  Although it was hurtful and I was ashamed, I felt a major sense of relief that I had never experienced before.

I took that experience and used it as motivation to try my best to do the right things in life.   I didn't appreciate that feeling of deceit and guilt that I had inflicted upon myself.  So I realized that if I focus on doing the right thing than those feelings will be non-existent.  Conscience typically doesn't present itself unless it involves some sort of wrong doing.  Presently, my conscience is free and it feels amazing to know that the feeling of guilt and conviction doesn't exist in my world. 

Quote of the Day: "Guilty conscience is a personal conviction.  Therefore, since you serve as your own judge strive for innocence because it will allow you to be free." ~ Candice Loper

No comments:

Post a Comment