Candy Girl

Candy Girl

Friday, November 12, 2010

Positive Actions Produce Positive Results

Good Morning Blogfam!

Life won't always consist of what we want so we have to have the ability to recognize the bad, while trying our best to reform it into good.  Some people just don't have the ability to do that, so as a result they end up ACCEPTING it.  What they aren't realizing is that accepting is much different than recognizing.  When you recognize something you are basically identifying and analyzing it for potential change.  Whereas when you accept something you are setting yourself up to deal with it is as is. 

My ability to recognize and reform my bad is due to a number of things.  However, the primary reason is because I see reformation as a positive challenge.  It gives me a feeling of victory to know that I was able to successfully contribute to my happiness by taking something bad and making it good.  This doesn't just apply to things in a physical sense, this is also deals with our perspectives and behavior.  When you look at things from a bad perspective it blocks your ability to see the positive side of the situation.  In my opinion,  when things are bad it doesn't mean that everything is bad, it just means you have to dig a little deeper to recognize the good. 

There have been times before when I have tried to persuade my friends to see what I thought was positive in a situation that they saw as being negative.  However, eventually I realized that you can't persuade anyone to see things a certain way, they just have to be tired of seeing things the way they do.  On a personal note I hate being down, I hate feeling like the weight of the world is on my shoulders, and I hate being robbed of my optimism.  So my alleviation method is to keep a positive perspective and continue to remind myself that "It's never as bad as it seems".     

Quote of the Day: "So the old saying goes...you have to take the good with the bad. Well you can take it but you aren't required to accept it or settle for it.  So if you happen to receive something bad...think of a plan to transform it into something good." ~ Candice Loper 

No comments:

Post a Comment