Candy Girl

Candy Girl

Friday, May 6, 2011

Motherly Love

Happy Friday Blogfam!

Strictly for the MOTHERS!!!

I'm sure we've all found reasons to criticize or judge how other women raise their children, especially if it is different than how we raise ours or how we've been raised.  I've been there and done that myself but what I came to realize is that there is no manual on raising children so what may be right to one may not be right to another.  We're all learning each and every day. 

Being a mother is the hardest job i've ever had but at the same time it's been the most rewarding.  It's almost like a regular job, if you want to get paid good money you have to put in the hard work and earn it.  Being a mother has required me to be strong when I felt like I wanted to be weak.  I learned from my mother a long time ago that even when times are tough, your kids should never know it.  When you raise them properly, they will recognize when things are different and they will respect the struggle without you having to tell them to.  That's why when I made the decision to have children, I also made a decision that I was willing to give up a substantial amount of the "me" time I had been so used to for the "we" time that would provide me with a level of happiness I had never known.   

I'm not saying that being a mother is always sheer enjoyment because it's not.  There are those times when your kids will pluck your last nerve, when they do things to scare the hell out of you, when they go down the wrong path, and when they don't get the lessons that you try to teach to them.  But one thing you can be sure of is when you show your children you care, they will shower you with a love that no one else could ever give you.

Quote of the Day: "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!"    

1 comment:

  1. I agree. As a new mother, I've found that people will criticize you instead of inform you. I had family and friends telling me what I should've done as opposed to what I chose to do. Mothers and in-laws may be the ultimate at doing this. Having been a child who wasn't raised 100% by my own mother, I was able to admit that I needed to learn about motherhood. So, every 2nd Saturday, I attend a parenting class and I am happy to say I've learned so much about childhood development as well as useful parenting tactics. I've also come to realize that although as mothers we may not know the right thing to say or do all the time, the point of it all is to raise our children to be BETTER than we were. I wish my parents took on the same logic when they had me.

    ReplyDelete