Candy Girl

Candy Girl

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Temporary Solutions won't provide Permanent Resolutions

Good Morning Blogfam!

Giving up something or someone that you've been accustomed to for a long time can be very difficult.  No matter how good or bad for you it may be, the hardest thing to get used to is not having it as a part of your life anymore.  It is human nature to become comfortable in situations no matter what the circumstances are.  You may know someone who is being abused and might not be able to understand why they can't just leave the situation.  Although they are in a horrible situation they have become accustomed to the behavior which has taken a mental toll on them, so it's not easy to just walk away from it.

I told a friend recently that when we give up habits, it's natural to try and replace or substitute the emotions and/or physical comfort with something else.  One thing that I have found to be severely pertinent is NOT to use something temporary as a permanent replacement.  What i'm trying to say is, say for instance your relationship ends and you are having a hard time getting over it.  As unrealistic as it sounds, the best thing you can do for yourself is to find peace and resolution within and reflect on the situation.  When one of my previous relationships ended, I was forced to be by myself so I found healing in partying.  Well here is the problem; once I got tired of partying, although it was several months after the breakup, I was now forced to deal with it.  So initially I used a temporary solution of partying as a permanent resolution to my pain.

Along this journey of life it is not going to be easy but many of the experiences, whether they be good or bad will certainly be worth it.  There have been many situations that I have been faced with when happening in real time was looked upon as such a major roadblock.  However, once I waited for the smoke to clear, got past it, and was able to see difference it made in my life; it motivated me to refrain from trying to substitute pain and deal with it so I could remove it completely.

Quote of the Day: "Pain is temporary but being afraid to deal with it has the potential to cause it to be permanent." ~ Candice Loper
 

No comments:

Post a Comment