Candy Girl

Candy Girl

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

True Passion Provides Eventually

Good Afternoon Blogfam,

I find it extremely important to recognize that it takes patience, determination, and sheer passion to perfect a craft.  Even if it is something that you are interested in, it doesn't mean that you will be great at it or know how to make it work for you.  I just heard today that it takes 10,000 hours to become good at something, which is a little more than a year.  However, who really has a year straight to work on something when you're trying to live life simultaneously.  So I pondered on that for a second and it made perfect sense.  I know many people who began working on their craft at an early age and it took majority of their lives to finally see the fruits of their labor.  Why?  Because they never gave up and always made time for it!

For example, I have a cousin who has always been talented in many forms of Art; from writing and speaking poetry, rapping, singing, to dancing.  She always had the determination and sheer passion, but not always the patience to develop a plan to make it work for her.  So now after a lifetime of having the passion she has finally realized how to perfect her craft and make it work for her.  Of course most people in the entertainment industry want to get major paid and be a world renowned figure but sometimes you have to find solace in something on a smaller scale and be confident that it will grow into something large.  That's what she's done and now her name rings bells which means she's well on her way.

I used to be that person that wanted instant gratification from anything that I "thought" I was interested in.  Before actually thinking about the craft or skill, I would think about the financial aspect of it like "What can I do that will make me a whole lot of money?"  However, eventually I came to realize that I was horrible at everything I thought of and had no genuine interest in it whatsoever.  Now I find peace and solace in writing on my blog and motivating others; it doesn't provide a financial benefit YET but at least i'm doing something I love and it does have the potential to satisfy me financially.

Quote of the Day: "When your passion is your primary focus, all the superficial desires become secondary." ~ Candice Loper   

1 comment: