Candy Girl

Candy Girl

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Perspective Determines Your Perception of Pride

Good Morning Blogfam!

Myself and a friend were having a very deep conversation and came across a topic that we shared different views on.  We began talking about PRIDE!  What exactly is pride and can being too sensitive towards it hinder your opportunities, stability, or peace of mind?  Pride is defined as "a sense of one's own proper dignity or value; self-respect".  The thing about pride is we all have it but how we feel towards it can vary from person to person.  Even the most confident of people have moments where they question parts of their being so it's not a matter of strength or weakness; it's a matter of comfort in oneself.

The typical situation where people feel like their pride is in jeopardy is when they have to ask someone for something.  This is where it becomes situational and sensitive depending on the individual involved.  Typically, the person who has issues regarding their pride is the person who feels like they can do everything on their own and they don't need anyone for anything.  So when a situation presents itself where support or assistance is required, they let their pride keep them from asking for help.  Personally, it takes a lot for me to feel as if my pride is threatened because I am very comfortable with myself and my independence.  So when I have to ask for help, I know it's because I need it and that doesn't affect my pride whatsoever.  I'll tell you what it does; it makes me feel proud that I have the courage to ask.  This is why I believe that your perspective determines your perception regarding pride.  

Quote of the Day:  "When others recognize your efforts, your pride should never be tested because if they help you out it's because they have respect for YOU." ~ Candice Loper 

No comments:

Post a Comment