Candy Girl

Candy Girl

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Don't Rush Life

Good Morning Blogfam!

There are many young people who are ahead of their time.  Sometimes it is forced upon them by parents or society and sometimes it's just a personal choice.  Typically when a child is exposed to certain situations that only an adult can truly handle, it causes them to force themselves to handle it.  Granted, this scenario isn't all bad because they are gaining valuable insight on how to adapt and survive, but is it really valuable when they're really not ready to deal with it?

I was a young lady who was way ahead of my time.  I mean there was nothing that anyone could tell me, I knew it all!  When I entered high school at the age of 14, I was already grown so sports, sleepovers with friends, hanging out after school; all of those things were childish to me.  I preferred to have a boyfriend (who eventually came to live with me), work two jobs at 16, get pregnant at 17, go to prom pregnant, and be a mother at the age of 18.  Oh yeah, that was much more fun than hanging out with friends and going to college.  Of course while I was living it I didn't see it that way.  Then by the time I was 19, my relationship ended (SHOCKER!!!), i'm a single mother, going to school, working a full-time job, and maintaining my own household.  Now it's time for me to party like a rockstar, right?  But there is just one problem.  I already missed that part of my life when I thought being an adult was more appealing than being a teenager.  At that point there were no other options.  I wanted it so I got it, there was no turning back.

Contrary to popular beliefs, there are no do-overs in life.  There are certain decisions you can make that will affect the path of the rest of your life.  When you decide that you want to be an adult when you're supposed to be an adolescent, you have to understand that when the real time comes for you to be an adult, you will never be an adolescent again.  It's something to think about because I never did when I was young.

Quote of the Day: "Growing up too fast is just another way of rushing your way through life.  We'll be adults way longer than we'll be children; enjoy your youth!" ~ Candice Loper  

No comments:

Post a Comment