Candy Girl

Candy Girl

Monday, May 16, 2011

Time is Precious

Good Morning Blogfam!

Time is our most precious asset because there are endless possibilities with what you can do with it.  Which is why you should maximize it and make the best of each moment.  It's especially important to associate yourself with people who share the same respect for time as you do.  I feel that time and money are one in the same.  Money comes and money goes just as time comes and time goes.  The only difference is you can't get time back once it's lost or wasted. 

I have definitely wasted my share of time which I can never get back.  But I feel like I recovered a little bit of it through the lessons I have learned from that "wasted" time.  The biggest lesson I learned through everything is not to repeat the same mistakes over and over again.  In the past there have been times when someone showed me who they were very early on in the relationship but I held on to the thought of who I wanted them to be, which in turn caused me to stay in a situation that I knew wouldn't be beneficial in the long run.  As a result, I pay extra close attention to behavior that is displayed in the beginning because it's a direct indication of what's to be expected in the future.

When you've experienced enough turmoil due to situations that could have been avoided, it gives you a newfound respect for time and what you choose to do with it.  You begin to cherish the positive and despise the negative things in life.  Granted, perfection does not exist so every moment in life won't be a joyous one.  But sometimes we go through situations that we can control but mentally we feel powerless so before we realize that it's bad typically a lot of time has passed. 

Quote of the Day: "When someone shows you who they are, believe them." ~ Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment