Candy Girl

Candy Girl

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Live Up To Your Standards

Good Morning Blogfam!
I was thinking about some things this morning and something crossed my mind.  I was thinking about standards and how people determine or prioritize what is important to them when it comes to searching for a potential mate.  I have known people who looked for certain attributes and qualities in other people that they didn't even possess themselves.  I won't even pretend that one of those people hasn't been me at one point or another.  The difference is, I recognized it and now my perspective is different.


When you get to a point where you know what you want; whether it be from yourself or someone else, it makes it more difficult to settle for less.  I believe that some people get so caught up in what they desire from another person that they stop focusing on what will be desired of themselves.  It's like wanting someone who has good credit, a nice home, no children, and a lucrative income.  However, when you look at your situation your credit sucks, you live in an apartment, you have four kids, and you work part time.  Now what kind of sense does that make?  It's almost like having champagne taste with tap water money.  Don't get me wrong; i'm not saying that you can't want someone who is in a better position than you, i'm just saying it shouldn't be a "deal breaker" if you find someone who is on the same level as you.


If you know your standards are greater than what you have to offer, than it wouldn't hurt to work hard to bring yourself up to YOUR own standards.    


Quote of the Day: "Don't expect something of someone that you're not willing to give to yourself." ~ Candice Loper

No comments:

Post a Comment