Candy Girl

Candy Girl

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Introducing Candy Girl to the World

I am Candice Loper and I am so pleased that you decided to view my blog.  I am new to this but I am sure as with most things, I will figure it out fairly quickly.  I have been motivated to start a blog because I have so much to say and have the desire to share it with as many people as I can.  

To give you a brief summary of my backgroung. For majority of my life I was raised in a single parent household.  My mother was my sole provider and I would say she did a pretty good job considering how hard of a job it is to raise two children by yourself.  I always appreciated everything she did and everything she didn't do.  It gave me a chance to make some mistakes so I could have substance in my life and learning experiences at an early age. During my junior high and high school years I didn't receive much guidance, so that was the time period where I made many mistakes.   I entered into my first serious relationship at the age of 14 and remained in that relationship for almost five years.  I'd like to believe that I successfully completed school because I was at least smart enough to know that it was the least I needed to do to be even slightly successful.  I also always loved the idea of responsibility so I always held a job...at times two jobs while attending school.  So of course, the inevitable happened when I was 17.  I found out I was pregnant with my first child (yes...first).  So that is when everything got REAL and I knew what I had to do.  I realized that it's not just about me anymore...it's about us...myself and this little person who God has entrusted me to carry and care for.  So I graduated from high school in June and I gave birth to my first daughter in October.  I managed to move out of my mothers home as I was not willing to be a burden on her with raising a child in her home.  I figured if I was old enough to get pregnant and have a child then I must be mature enough to do what adults do and get my own.  So, with the normal trend of having a child at a young age and not being married, my relationship abruptly ended when my daughter was 1 year old.  So then, at the tender age of 19 I was faced with the responsibility of being a single mother.  However, I embraced it because it wasn't the end of the world.  I mean I had a job, I had a beautiful healthy child and I had my health.  So over the next 3 1/2 years I lived life to the fullest.  I did whatever I wanted to do and didn't think about any consequences.  I was free!!!  So at the tender age of 23, I decided that I wanted to settle down and get married.  Well lets just say it didn't work out the way I had hoped.  However between the ages of 24 and 25 I did manage to add two more children to my family.  So of course, the inevitable happened AGAIN!!!  Yup...you guessed it!  Single mother again...the only difference was this time I was single mother of 3 and not just 1.  So of course I started asking myself why why why!!!  I didn't do anything to deserve this, none of this is my fault, its EVERYONE elses fault! 

So over the last few years I have had a major realization of who I am, my purpose, how to be accountable for my own actions and decisions, how to embrace the role I have been given and most importantly how to be the best person that I know how to be!

I pray that you will enjoy my blog...I will be flooding you with as much information, inspiration and motivation as I possibly can.  I can't possibly keep it all to myself!

3 comments:

  1. Very inspirational Candy! Although my story is different, we share some of the same characteristics--Perseverance, Determination, and Loving God! I truly look forward to reading your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like to keep saying I'm so proud of you because I think it shrinks the correct description I'm looking for. But you've always been a go-getter in my eyes, even when you may have thought you weren't doing anything, you always seemed to be moving toward something. You're obviously an inspiration to not only single mothers, or mothers, but women altogether. Congratulations on where God is taking you next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't want to keep saying thank you because words can't explain how appreciative I am of the support. However, I will continue to say it because Ebony, you are one of the few people to see me in every phase of life, as I have witnessed the same with you. It's amazing to see massive progression and determination in those that you love. Thanks Girly!

    ReplyDelete