Candy Girl

Candy Girl

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Mental Strength is Essential

Good Morning Blogfam!

Strength is an important part of a healthy existence.  I am not referring to physical strength, I am speaking more so about mental and emotional strength.  When you possess a strong mentality it enables you to deal with certain situations with an open mind and clear view.  You won't be easily persuaded into forcing yourself to believe in false realities.  However, on the flip side you also have to be strong enough to know when you realities are true.  It's natural to endure mental struggles from time to time but the strength comes in when you overcome them and accept situations for what they are.

I've had my share of mental and emotional battles and I won't even try to pretend that I handled them all with strength and poise.  However, one day I had an awakening and that is when I realized that everything I was going through was self-inflicted because I didn't have the mental capacity to accept things for what they were instead of what I wanted them to be.  When you already have an idea of how you want things to go and you aren't willing to compromise, when the time comes you won't have the ability to accept reality.  It took me a while to realize that what I want won't always be what I will get but as long as I have the ability to see the good in what I do get, I will be a much stronger person.

CandyNote: You can have all the muscles in the world and be extremely weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment