Candy Girl

Candy Girl

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Love your NOW!

Good Morning Blogfam!


I was having a conversation with a good friend yesterday and they were able to give me a different perspective on having expectations of the future.  I tend to be one who constantly tries to pull out my crystal ball and see ahead of time what the future has in store or how I foresee it turning out.  It seems as if I like to prepare myself for what may possibly happen so I can already have a head start on controlling my emotions.  However, looking at things in hindsight just made me realize that when it's all said and done the pain doesn't hurt any less and the joy doesn't excite me anymore.  So I was brought to realize that I could be so focused on what's to come in the future that I can't allow myself to fully embrace and appreciate the present.


A very important thing to realize is that things won't always turn out the way you want them to and that's okay.  When you constantly try to shape life the way you think it should be you might be interrupting what is supposed to happen and your feelings toward it.  I rarely ever had the ability to go with the flow and let things happen naturally because I was so focused on having control of something that I had no control over.  Life is given to us minute by minute and day by day so it's wise to appreciate the right now because later is not guaranteed.  I appreciate the conversations I have that allow me to see things differently because I believe that one way of thinking shuts you out from the other endless points, possibilities, and perspectives that exist.


CandyNote: Don't miss the magic of the moment by focusing on what's to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment