Candy Girl

Candy Girl

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Respect Rules!

Good Morning Blogfam!


I am having a difficult time understanding why people have such a hard time showing support and respect to others.  Respect is a reciprocal action so you have to give it in order to receive it.  It seems like people really underestimate the power of respect so that prevents them from understanding the significance in showing it.  Respect means esteem for or a sense of the worth or excellence of a person, a personal quality or ability, or something considered as a manifestation of a personal quality or ability.  Therefore, even in the case of self the fact still remains that respect is a reciprocal action that has to be given to be received. If you want others to recognize your personal qualities or abilities, you must have to ability recognize theirs because you'll only get back what you put out.


So many things in life call for showing a certain level of respect and regard.  When you're constantly late for appointments, you aren't showing respect for the next persons time.  When you find yourself judging others for being different from you, you aren't showing respect for that persons individuality.  The list goes on an on but if there were more people in the world who showed regard for others, this world would definitely be a better place.  Instead of there always being a battle of personalities and differences of livelihoods, there would be a phenomenon of peace and love.  Some things are easier said then done, but I don't see how giving respect can be a hard thing to do.


My motivation behind this blog entry is because I am so sick and tired of seeing people tear each other down with the hopes of bringing themselves up.  I don't see how putting someone else down can make anyone feel good about anything.  On a personal level, I am pleased about where i'm at in life because I too have been there before where I only found myself solely focusing on the negative aspects of someone else.  However, once I got to the root of my own issues I realized that I wasn't even happy with myself so how could I possibly have the ability to show respect and be happy for the next person.  So as you can see, disrespect and negativity comes from a place of deeply embedded misery. 


Quote of the Day: "We all have areas of improvement just as we all have areas where we excel.  Focusing on the negative aspects of another person will never increase your personal qualities." ~ Candice Loper 

No comments:

Post a Comment