Candy Girl

Candy Girl

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Be Aware of YOU!

Good Afternoon Blogfam!


The joy of being an individual is that you have the ability to live your life the way you want to.  There are many times when people feel obligated to live their life a certain way due to pressure from others.  However, one thing I have realized is that people normally try to direct others paths when they feel like they aren't wise enough to do it on their own.  I believe that when a person lets their strength and wisdom shine through, others observe that and feel confident that they have the ability to make decisions for themselves.  Therefore, if others are constantly advising you of how to live your life maybe it's time to realize some things about yourself.  Perhaps you really do know who you are but you just aren't the best at making others feel your passion.


It's important to be secure in who you are so you can be confident with the decisions that you make.   I have always come off as a strong woman even at times when I didn't feel like I was strong.  However, others have always felt my strength because I am and always have been SECURE with who I am.  That is not to say that I have always known what I want to do, but I have always known who I am beneath the surface.  For example, I aspire to be a motivational speaker because I know I have the ability to make a difference in the lives of others that may have went through some of the things I have went through.  Therefore, that is the reason why there is no one that has the power to persuade me to change my mind about what I want to do or who I want to be.  For those of you who aren't quite sure who you want to be or what your passions are, I would encourage you to figure it out on your own.  Don't let anyone else decide who you should be because then you ultimately end up being a figment of someone else's imagination.  The only reason one would want to walk in someone elses' shadow is if they are walking down the path you already know you want to walk down.  However, it is extremely important to have the ability to realize the path of the person advising because quite possibly, they may be trying to live out their failed dreams through you.


Quote of the Day: "It's not up to anyone else to determine your destiny.  Maintain control of yourself and your life." ~ Candice Loper

No comments:

Post a Comment