Candy Girl

Candy Girl

Friday, March 18, 2011

Patience is Your Greatest Ally

Good Morning Blogfam!


I used to be the type of person to look for instant gratification but that's not always possible.  So when I allowed time to pass I was able to see that bad situations eventually become good situations, especially when you strive to make them that way.  I have been that person before that felt like every day was the end of the world just because my situation wasn't what I wanted it to be, at that time!  So that's when I thought to myself: Candice, you are being selfish and impatient.  It was unfair of me to expect everything to happen and turn around when I wanted it to because at the end of the day God has a plan for me.


There was a time when I felt like I knew exactly who I was and for the most part, I liked that person.  She was fun, fearless, beautiful, outgoing, and driven (amongst other things).  Then I went through a major life change that affected my spirit beneath the surface, and at times on the surface.  I had many moments of feeling like I was less of a person, like I had lost myself completely to never find her again, and that there was no light at the end of the tunnel.  Over the past 3 years I've had to endure many struggles mentally, physically, and emotionally.  You have those days where you feel like you don't want to get out of the bed because you just don't have it in you to fight the battle of life.  You have those days where you feel like you look like a piece of crap and there is nothing you can do to beautify yourself.  You have those days where you break down and burst into tears for no apparent reason.  My point is, you will have those days but each day that you have that day it just serves as proof that you're blessed because you've been given another day to go through it and get through it. 


So now I have finally gotten to the point of feeling like I am the person I used to be, just a new and improved version.  The benefit of going through personal struggles is when you get to the point of overcoming them, it will be a priority in your life to make sure you do what you have to do to not go through it again.  You are one of your most valuable possessions, so when you lose it and find it, you will make sure you hold on to it really tightly.  Just as you have expectations of others, you should also have expectations of yourself because if you can put the burden and pressure on someone else to not let you down, you should put that same burden and pressure on yourself for yourself.


Quote of the Day: "Patience is the greatest catapult for satisfied expectations" ~ Candice Loper

No comments:

Post a Comment