Candy Girl

Candy Girl

Monday, March 7, 2011

Don't let your reasons become excuses

Good Morning Blogfam!!


How many times have you heard the same person use the same excuse time and time again?  Well i'm raising my hand because I certainly have.  Not only have I heard it from others, i've also done it myself.  Excuses are a collection of words that people use to try and validate why they do or don't do certain things.  However, many don't realize that there is a limit to how many times you can use the same excuse for the same inconsistency.


How about when people make excuses for you that you don't even make for yourself? (LOL)  I'm sure we've all had moments of having someone over your house and you have to give them the famous disclosure when they enter: "Please excuse the mess".  For some reason because I have kids people tend to say Oh it's okay you have three kids.  So I thought to myself if having kids is a reason to not have a clean home at all times?  Or is it an excuse?  It could very well be a reason but if it continues to happen, that's when it transforms into an excuse.  I will have kids in my home for at least the next 14 years so instead of using that as an excuse, I could just develop a plan that works for me and my family to keep my house clean at all times.  It's really not rocket science.


Whenever someone gives me an excuse about why they behave certain ways I always ask the question: So what are you doing to work on or change that?  When you can take the time to make an excuse for something than that means you recognize that something is wrong, which in turn means you should know what you need to do to correct it.  When you have integrity you will take time to constantly improve yourself, you won't allow something so weak as excuses to be your scapegoat.


Quote of the Day: "Use your reasons as a catapult for improvement so you don't have to subject everyone to your excuses." ~ Candice Loper

No comments:

Post a Comment