Candy Girl

Candy Girl

Monday, January 10, 2011

Be Enough for You!

Good Morning Blogfam!


I've been thinking a lot lately about dependency and happiness.  I am finding that they go hand in hand in certain people's lives.  Some people can't be happy without being dependent on another person or thing, which means they are operating off of conditional, superficial happiness.  I don't think we realize how important it is to establish your own sense of happiness and then let everything else serve as a supplement to what you're currently maintaining.


I have been a single woman for quite some time now and I believe my success in my singleness is due to my ability to embrace it and see the benefits in it.  Being single does not come easy for many people, especially women.  I believe this is because most of their happiness is defined by having a man in their life and what value he may add to her.  However, I have found that the people who look for someone to add value to them, don't feel comfortable or confident with the value that they place upon themselves.  I have found that everything I was able to do in a relationship, I am still able to do as a single person.  It bothers me slightly when people make it seem as if being single cripples or handicaps them in some way.  Being single empowers me because I know that I can do anything on my own and still be genuinely happy with myself through all of the trials and tribulations I have to experience. 


Some people tend to get overwhelmed with the thought of having to handle responsibilities on their own.  However, that is the power of positive perspective because how we view our situation is normally how we will handle it.  I've noticed that the people who depend on others for happiness are typically the same people who don't feel like they can do anything on their own.  Therefore, when the time comes for them to lead a single, partner-free life they feel as if they can't possibly survive.  I pray for people like this because to put so much power in another persons hand is quite damaging and will ultimately serve as their downfall.


Quote of the Day: "Trust yourself enough to be enough for yourself.  It will provide you with a genuine level of personal satisfaction that you may never get a chance to experience otherwise." ~ Candice Loper       

No comments:

Post a Comment